The plant will convert between 6,000 and 10,000 tons of oat husk per year.
The Turboden 6 HR Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) unit is fed with saturated steam instead of the traditional thermal oil and will be used at part load (60-80%) most of the time for a couple of years, taking advantage of its ability to follow variable loads and retain high part-load efficiency (e.g. at 50% load, around 90% of the nominal load efficiency).
- Client: Morton Seed and Grain / Unigrain
- Start-up: September 2015
- Heat source: oat husks
- Temperature: 23 bar saturated steam
- Water temperature (in/out): 27.5 – 38°C
- Max electric power: 600 KW
- Net electrical efficiency: 17%
Carlo Minini – see Carlo’s Biomass Producer ‘People’ Profile
Turboden – http://www.turboden.eu